Hello,

There was a discussion during my presentation about security considerations
regarding the use of my algorithm compared with those of the use of CGA. A
big mistake that is made when considering CGA security is that the sec value
plays an important role and that an attacker will need to do brute force
attacks against the IID in order to generate the same IID as is generated by
the use of CGA. In a CGA analysis paper they talk about a CGA security
vaulue of pow (2, sec*16 * 59) where 2 is the base and sec*16 * 59 is the
exponential value and so they infer that by increasing the sec value used
with CGA it will be safer, but this Is not true.

I, as an attacker, just to need to find your private key. That's it. This is
because you have already included the CGA parameters (public key, modifier,
and other required parameters) in the  packet that was sent and I will have
no problem in regenerating the CGA. My only problem will be in generating
the signature that can be verified by use of your public key. This means
that you just increased the complexity and time required for generating and
verifying the IID while with SSAS you can obtain the same security as when
using CGA because its security also depends on the Hash function that is
used to generate the key pair and signature.

If you send the CGA parameters via a safe channel, like in establishing TLS
etc., then, in that case, CGA would be more secure than SSAS. But in
practice all the data is sent in the same packet without encryption. If a
secured channel would be used in the CGA process for security reasons
(sending CGA parameters), then the cost of using CGA would be much greater
than the cost of using SSAS.

Now the question is, Why not use a more cost efficient algorithm that afford
you with the same security level as when using CGA.

I have also included the security group in this email so that they can also
give me any comments that they might have.

Thank you,

Hosnieh