Hi Christian,

> But can y toou explain why you believe that retrieving the private key
from the public key and a clear text/encrypted text pair is easier than
breaking a hash?

Here we do not use any encryption and decryption and we just sign the
message using private key and verify the message using public key.

>Did you somehow crack RSA?

I do not say that it is easier to find the private key from the public key.
Because for both SSAS and CGA, public/private keys are used. I do say that
the SHAx steps used for CGA generation do not increase the complexity when
used against brute force attacks. This is because an attacker only needs the
private key and does not need to find the modifier that was used in the
generation of the node's IID nor is there a need for checking the condition
of sec by 16 bits which should be equal to zero. In SSAS I just use the
public/private keys and the signature and nothing is encrypted/decrypted. In
CGA some extra SHAx steps are used in the generation of their IID along with
the signature. I say that these steps are not needed as long as you include
and send all parameters, used in the SHAx process, in the packet for
verification purposes. Some people feel that CGA  is secure enough when
those steps are used. Now what I want to point out here is that the CGA
security level is only dependent on the algorithm used for key pair and
signature generation and that those extra steps do nothing enhance the
security side of things. The algorithms used can be RSA or ECC or whatever,
and as such the situation will be the same as it is for SSAS. I just removed
the complexity from the use of CGA in order to enable a more practical and
faster generation and verification process.

So the question isn't how to break the encrypted text but how to break the
signature. In other word,  to find the same public key as used by the
generator node or how to break the RSA or ECC. Based on my knowledge of hash
algorithms, as I mentioned in my prior sentence, this will depend on the
strength of the RSA or whatever other  algorithm is used to generate these
keys and sign the message. If you or anyone else thinks otherwise, please
contribute to this discussion and share your opinions. I am just comparing
the security aspects of SSAS, the time efficient algorithm, to those of CGA.

Thank you,

Hosnieh