Jari,

> What changes from RFC 3972 to your draft in this high-level analysis?

The difference between my draft and that of RFC 3972 is that I make use of
the public key in the IP address directly. Doing it the way I have explained
in my draft eliminates the need for the use of those SHAx steps  because I
believe the use of those steps does not lend itself to improved security. My
reason for this opinion is that RFC 3972 can only prevent DAD attacks and
not the other types of attacks. This attack can also be prevented by using
CGA if we add this extra verification step (that of the node checking the
public key of the sender to his own), otherwise RPKI would be used. This is
the same procedure as outlined in my draft. So the security of both depends
on the security of the public/ private keys. After a successful verification
(which could have resulted from a fast relay attack) the attacker's
link-layer address is included in a cache as a legitimate address, and if
routing is based on the link-layer address,  then the node has no way of
knowing that it was just a replay attack. Otherwise, the use of RPKI, where
the node that has this IP address/or link layer is specified, would contain
this public key. This is why, in this case, the keys' security is very
important.

Thanks,
Hosnieh