Francis,

=> I strongly disagree: the use of those SHAx steps is the way to extend the
search space and until SHAx pre-images are broken for the worst case (i.e.,
no attack better than brute force).

Be patient please. It takes time to prepare a response because I will need
to work on code to break RSA and also SHAx (CGA) and currently I have no
opportunity to work on this.

=> this seems to be replay attacks. RFC 3972 (CGAs) doesn't protect against
replay but provides message (aka connectionless) integrity so any use of
CGAs can add an anti-replay device (RFC 3971 (SEND) uses nonces and
timestamps for anti-replay). BTW CGAs and SSASs are the same for this point.

Nonce and timestamp both cannot be much helpful for relay attacks. I
mentioned a fast replay attack. You need to consider the clock skew for
timestamp (two seconds or so). The other nodes do not know the nonce is for
an attacker or for your node. I, as an attacker, can easily copy and paste
the whole packet content in my message with my own link layer address and
send it back to you. There is difference between SSAS and CGA in DAD
process.  There is no doubt that CGA verification needs improvements, I
probably try to write another draft and improve that document too while at
the same time as I am improving SSAS with the best design of RPKI (I will do
that after my trip :-)  so give me more time...).

Thanks,
Hosnieh