The scope of the draft was more or less restricted to in-vehicle
communications because of the privacy concerns ("The focus of this work
is to enable in-vehicle networks to exchange packets with VIN-based IPv6
addresses." -- although inter-vehicle communications is still a big deal
under use cases), so I don't think use of DNS, etc., apply.  If the
draft isn't really restricted to in-vehicle communications I have a
number of architectural arguments about why it's a bad idea.  VINs are
neither topological locators nor IP endpoint identifiers, and trying to
map them onto either causes confusion.  They're fine as higher layer tokens.

Scott