All,
I have performed by AD review of draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses. For the most part, this is a well-written document. I only have a few comments that should be resolved prior to moving this to IETF Last Call...

1. Section 1 : I understand that the fourth paragraph is indented since it is quoting from another document. I do not see why the fifth paragraph is indented. The same confusion exists for the second paragraph of Section 3.

2. Section 3 :

* The PRF is fed several variables in order to generate a random number. I appreciate that the issues with different identifiers being generated for the same prefix due to varying values of DAD_Counter are discussed (Section 4). What is missing is discussion of when the Interface_Index value changes. On many systems, the value returned via the socket APIs is based on the ifIndex value assigned to the interface. There are a variety of situations where the ifIndex can change within a system and these should be mentioned. This can impact design goal #2.

* What are the assumptions on this algorithm with respect to multi-homed devices that could have different network interfaces available to attach to the same network? For example, if I have a quad-port network card, I could attach to a network via eth0 and get an identifier for prefix X. The next time I attach to that network, I use eth2 and I will not get the same identifier even though I still get a PIO containing prefix X. This issue directly contradicts design goal #1.

3. I think it would be good to explicitly state that this IID generation mechanism is incrementally deployable since there are no interoperability issues with IID generation.

Regards,
Brian