Hi Brian,

But, if those 1280 packets go into a tunnel they become (1280 + HLEN)
and are vulnerable to loss. This is even before we start talking about
tunnels-within-tunnels. It should therefore be well established by now
that tunnels over IPv6 MUST be capable of some form of frag/reass.

>    IPv6 stacks and forwarding nodes SHOULD continue to support inbound
>    fragmented IPv6 packets as specified in [RFC2460]. However, this
>    requirement exceeds the capability of some types of forwarding node
>    such as firewalls and load balancers. Therefore implementers and
>    operators need to be aware that on many paths through the Internet,
>    IPv6 fragmentation will fail. Legacy applications and transport
> layer
>    protocols that do not conform to the previous paragraph can expect
>    connectivity failures as a result.

Without some form of frag/reass, tunnels over IPv6 will black-hole.
If IPv6 frag/reass is off the table, then we simply need something
else. That something else is SEAL.

Thanks - Fred
fred.l.temp...@boeing.com