The more I read arguments pro and con, the less I think fragmentation should be
deprecated.

Even in IPv4, fragmentation is always discouraged, but there are times when it
comes in very handy. I'm honestly not sure why anything should be different, in
this regard, with IPv6. The more differences IPv6 introduces, the more of a
complete nuisance it becomes.

Bert