On 06  Aug 2013, at 13:21 , Templin, Fred L wrote:
>> Tunnel ingress devices already are allowed to fragment
>> IPv6 packets by various IETF approved tunnelling
>> specifications, as you have agreed.
>
> Fragmentation of the inner packet before encapsulation
> is different from fragmentation of the outer packet after
> encapsulation.

I've coded this for IPv6.  It is the SAME fragmentation
code AND the SAME reassembly code for both cases.

The operational scenarios can and do vary, but the
code path (and the specification for how to perform it)
are IDENTICAL - not DIFFERENT.

> This discussion is coming full circle...

(I agree this sub-thread is looping.  So can we please
let this rest on grounds that no one has proposed any
specification change ?   :-)

Yours,

Ran