The reason I didn't suggest pointing at the Fragment Header is
because it would carry the same information that it would in a
correctly fragmented packet, namely M=1 and Fragment Offset=0 (the
signature of an initial fragment).  The Payload Length field is what
indicates that the fragment is too short to contain all the
extension headers and the upper layer header; its value would have
to be different in a legitimate packet.  Hence my suggestion to
point there.

//cmh