LAWRENCE STOLER wrote:

> I am not a fan of Radio Disney.  I was dialing around a few years ago and
> did hear sports on 1560 so I assumed that was left over as far as
> contractual commitments from the days before the format change.
> Larry Stoler

I've never really understood the dislike of Radio Disney that seems to
be common in the DX community. It's always seemed to me that there's
something inconsistent about bemoaning the death of music on the AM dial
and the disappearance of younger listeners, and then turning around and
criticizing one of the few attempts that's being made to bring younger
listeners back to the AM dial and to keep music alive there.

I don't mind admitting that I'm a fan of what Radio Disney is trying to
do. In a lot of ways, it's a throwback to what AM top 40 radio was back
in the day - real live DJs, a ton of listener interaction, tight
playlist, good production values. I'll take it any day over a lot of the
other satellite-delivered dreck that makes up most of the AM dial at
night these days.

It's also been my experience that as long as the local automation is
running correctly, IDs on Disney affiliates are quite consistent. The
calls only air once an hour, in a floating break that usually falls
between :57 and :02, just after an optional local cutaway and just
before the "Radio Disney's back" top-hour network announcement. The rest
of the IDs are either just "Radio Disney, {frequency}" or "{City's}
Radio Disney, {frequency}."