--- Scott Fybush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've never really understood the dislike of Radio Disney that seems
> be common in the DX community. It's always seemed to me that there's
> something inconsistent about bemoaning the death of music on the AM
> dial
> and the disappearance of younger listeners, and then turning around
> and
> criticizing one of the few attempts that's being made to bring
> younger
> listeners back to the AM dial and to keep music alive there.

*** I believe there are multiple things at work here. Bemoaning the
loss of music on AM is one segment of DX'ers but not all. Many DX'ers
would probably prefer talk to music in terms of adjacent channel
interference.

Further, a couple of reasons why DX'ers don't like Disney:

> I don't mind admitting that I'm a fan of what Radio Disney is trying
> do. In a lot of ways, it's a throwback to what AM top 40 radio was
> back
> in the day - real live DJs, a ton of listener interaction, tight
> playlist, good production values. I'll take it any day over a lot of
> the
> other satellite-delivered dreck that makes up most of the AM dial at
> night these days.
>
> It's also been my experience that as long as the local automation is
> running correctly, IDs on Disney affiliates are quite consistent. The
>
> calls only air once an hour, in a floating break that usually falls
> between :57 and :02, just after an optional local cutaway and just
> before the "Radio Disney's back" top-hour network announcement. The
> rest
> of the IDs are either just "Radio Disney, {frequency}" or "{City's}
> Radio Disney, {frequency}."

> original contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of
> the IRCA, its editors, publishing staff, or officers

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id