HI......

Has potential to be a good resource.

Remember those beautiful brochures you get when you visit a National Park?
They're always full of great pictures and helpful information!  Well,
whenever there is a minor detail to change (like an area code), the
Government Printing Office prints a new edition.  So what do they do with all
the old ones?  Check this out!  The National Park staff (special thanks to
Sheila Braden) thought like a teacher.  They developed age appropriate
educational worksheets on biology, geology, history, and they will send them
to you, along with a classroom set of appropriate brochures!  Your students
can study many aspects of environmental education, thanks to our National
Parks, while still in the classroom!

Want a free set?  Call or email Annette East (805-370-2348,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]) and let her know your grade level, the number of
students, and what area of study you are emphasizing.  She'll get a classroom
set right out to you!

Our National Parks are working hard to become "living laboratories" to
educate our students.  They have several outstanding educational programs
that you can take advantage of.   Check out their website at

http://www.nps.gov

Park EE Resources Online for teachers and students can be accessed at

http://www1.nature.nps.gov/edures

Dr. Marylin Lisowski
Professor of Science and Environmental Education
Eastern Illinois University
600 Lincoln Ave
Charleston, IL 61920
217/581-7830 (phone)
217/581-2518 (fax)

Share the wonders of our Earth with many!