On Fri, Jun 04, 2021 at 02:03:24PM -0500, Felipe Contreras wrote:
On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 4:04 PM Oswald Buddenhagen
<oswald.buddenha...@gmx.de> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 03, 2021 at 01:44:29PM -0500, Felipe Contreras wrote:
>  Path ~/mail/
>  MapInbox inbox
>  Inbox ~/mail/inbox
>  SubFolders Verbatim
>
>However, it doesn't work, ~/Maildir is used.
>
>If I specify Inbox then it works correctly (I have an inbox inside
>~/mail/).
>
>What's the purpose of MapInbox then?

as the manual says, for maildir you should probably use Inbox _instead_

No, the manual says I probably *want* to place Inbox under Path.

ehh ... and your point is ...?

I do want to place INBOX under Path, and since MapInbox is relative to
Path, I take it to mean "./foobar", as opposed to "../foobar".

that is correct, but i don't see what argument you're trying to make here.

it *should* work if you remove the
Inbox def, but as the manual also says, SubFolders won't work for that
box then.

This is not what the documentation says, it says: "this virtual
mailbox does not support subfolders", that means subfolders do work
just not under MapInbox.

where exactly do you see a semantic difference between the two?

Also, it says subfolders, not SubFolders, so
it's referring to the concept, not the configuration.

this is semantically equivalent due to the implied context.

This doesn't work:

that sounds like an actual bug report. ^^
i'd need the entire config, and a log from a run with -D.
you can mail it to me privately if you prefer.