On Fri, Jun 4, 2021 at 3:17 PM Oswald Buddenhagen
<oswald.buddenha...@gmx.de> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 04, 2021 at 02:03:24PM -0500, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> >On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 4:04 PM Oswald Buddenhagen
> ><oswald.buddenha...@gmx.de> wrote:

> >> as the manual says, for maildir you should probably use Inbox _instead_
> >
> >No, the manual says I probably *want* to place Inbox under Path.
> >
> ehh ... and your point is ...?

That the manual doesn't say what you said it said.

> >I do want to place INBOX under Path, and since MapInbox is relative to
> >Path, I take it to mean "./foobar", as opposed to "../foobar".
> >
> that is correct, but i don't see what argument you're trying to make
> here.

That by doing `MapInbox inbox` I'm telling mbsync that I want to do
what the manual said I probably would want to do.

> >> it *should* work if you remove the
> >> Inbox def, but as the manual also says, SubFolders won't work for that
> >> box then.
> >
> >This is not what the documentation says, it says: "this virtual
> >mailbox does not support subfolders", that means subfolders do work
> >just not under MapInbox.
> >
> where exactly do you see a semantic difference between the two?

One affects the store, the other the mailbox. Store != mailbox.

> >This doesn't work:
> >
> that sounds like an actual bug report. ^^
> i'd need the entire config, and a log from a run with -D.
> you can mail it to me privately if you prefer.

All right. Here is my config. And I'll send you the log.

SyncState *
Create Near

MaildirStore local
Path ~/mail/
MapInbox foobar
# Inbox ~/mail/inbox
# SubFolders Verbatim

IMAPStore gmail
Host imap.gmail.com
User felipe.contre...@gmail.com
PassCmd "secret-tool lookup service imap"
SSLType IMAPS
PipelineDepth 25

Channel gmail
Far :gmail: