Hi,

Oswald Buddenhagen <oswald.buddenha...@gmx.de> writes:

> On Sun, Dec 12, 2021 at 01:14:37PM +0100, Nacho Barrientos wrote:
>>Nowadays, iSync is an essential part of my computing.
>>
> pedantically, it's better to avoid this capitalization, as it's
> apple's (much younger and now defunct) trademark.

Pedantically, but rightfully :) I promise it was not intentional, sorry
for that.

> whether that's correct depends on how pedantic you want to be. :-D
> you can just paypal me under this address, and as long as it's a
> personal transaction in euro, it will even be cost-effective.

Sadly, Paypal's fees could be rather unreasonable in some cases. For
instance, my Paypal account is not in EUR and they're willing to charge
~3.80 EUR as "Paypal fees" + a rather poor currency conversion rate for
a ~30 EUR "personal transaction", example:

  Vous paierez :35.97 CHF (free translation: "you'll pay")
  o...@gmx.de recevra 29.41 EUR ("o...@gmx.de will receive")

I was initially suggesting Github sponsors as of today AFAIK they don't
take any fee for 1-to-1 sponsorship and they charge in USD, allowing
non-USD-native donors to work around terrible currency conversion rates
by using platforms like Revolut or Transferwise. Also, GitHub sponsors
works in a subscription fashion which is also convenient to avoid doing
a one-off donation and then forgetting about the project. Surely there
might be caveats, for instance I don't know if you can use this system
if the source code of the project itself is not hosted in Github and
also of course I don't know what your feelings are about Github in
general.

There are other options like Liberapay and Patreon but I don't have any
experience using them so I can't give any input.

I'll stop here as I don't feel comfortable talking about something
that's not my business. I don't want to give the impression that I'm
patronising, I'm just humbly trying to make things better for
everybody. I totally understand as well that spending time setting this
up without actually knowing how many people would be willing to get on
board might sound like a waste of time (hence my question to other
fellow users) :)

Have a nice day and thanks again!

--
 bye