Oswald Buddenhagen <oswald.buddenha...@gmx.de> writes:

> nope. it't on the TODO list and it's been discussed several times on the list,
> but it's a major task and there is no concrete plan to actually implement it.

I see.  I wasn't aware of IMAP keywords, these seem distinct from
X-Keywords?  It'd appear that the approach of editing messages in place
is also not an appropriate way to change their metadata (i.e. without
renaming them), since IMAP declares messages immutable(ish) post
delivery, so perhaps I should instruct my client to rename the message
files instead?

Frankly, I'm not entirely sure what X-Keywords is...  It seems to be a
"debranded" version of some GMail custom header, but I am not entirely
sure about that either.

Presuming that modifying the client and workflow is an option, do you
have any suggestions on a correct approach to handling custom email
labels (outside of keywords, of course, since that isn't supported
today)?

Thanks :)
--
Arsen Arsenović