On Sun, Nov 06, 2022 at 05:39:55PM +0100, Arsen Arsenović via isync-devel wrote:
I wasn't aware of IMAP keywords, these seem distinct from
X-Keywords?

x-keywords is just the semi-official header to store extended flags (== imap keywords).

It'd appear that the approach of editing messages in place
is also not an appropriate way to change their metadata (i.e. without
renaming them), since IMAP declares messages immutable(ish) post
delivery, so perhaps I should instruct my client to rename the message
files instead?

that will work, though of course it's wasteful to re-upload the messages.