On Mon, Apr 01, 2024 at 08:03:22PM +0200, laburnumT wrote:
When I look at my settings in Gmail it is set to Auto-Expunge off -
Wait
for the client to update the server.

that's weird, because the log shows somewhat clearly that a message is
expunged before an expunge or close command is issued.

I can also supply the log for a protonmail account where the same issue
exists.

well, at least that would avoid the confounder of gmail's virtual
folders.

to keep the amount of data manageable, yet useful, proceed like that:
isolate a test mail into a test folder (possibly via a server-side copy
using thunderbird - whatever is necessary to create the actual starting
state), and already create the target folder, but don't put anything
into it yet.
when you sync, specify the two involved folders. like chan:fol1,fol2.
sync it repeatedly, to make sure that the situation is stable. keep the
log of the last such "null run".
then do the move.
then sync repeatedly, until nothing is happening.
mail me the logs.