----- Original Message -----
From: "scott carter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <itext-questions@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Saturday, 14 July, 2007 3:35 PM
Subject: [iText-questions] Populate forms that do not use Acro Fields

> I have a collection of forms that I need to automatically populate based
on
> data in our database.  I have looked at the Register example on the site,
> and the example works great for forms that use Acro Fileds (
> PdfStamper.getAcroFileds()).

Yes, but the examples in the tutorial can only carry you so far. What you
really, really need to do if you wish to work with iText is purchase a copy
of the book _iText in Action_ (see the "Buy the eBook" link at
www.lowagie.com/iText).

> I am running into several forms that do not
> return any fields using this approach that I need to find a way to
> populate.

You should not expect to be able to populate fields that do not (yet) exist.
Burn this fact into your brain permanently. You'll be glad you did.

> I am a beginner, so any help is greatly apprciated. One of the
> forms that I need to figure out how to populate but does not have a Acro
> fileds is found here ->
> https://www.pfizerhelpfulanswers.com/files/C2C_English.pdf .   Anyone know
> how to do this?

Yes. There are several examples in the book (see Chapters 2 and 15) and on
the book support site that will be helpful to you in your quest to convert
PDF forms (unfillable) into AcroForms (fillable).

> Thanks in advance.

You're very welcome! Reminders: (1) Buy the book. (2) You can't fill fields
that don't (yet) exist.

Cheers,

Bill Segraves