The SYSINTERNALS tool you are referring to is PROCMON.

Great tool for tracking down internal issues in Windows.

Howard Shank

----- Original Message ----
From: Mike Marchywka <marchy...@hotmail.com>
To: itext-questions@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 11:03:09 AM
Subject: Re: [iText-questions] out of Kernel memory

> Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 07:47:39 -0700
> From: hgshank
> To: itext-questions@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [iText-questions] out of Kernel memory
>
> If the files are being written to a different server and that server
> experiences memory issues, then it obviously is something to do with windows
> and the way it's handling the files and not an iText issue.
>
> Perform a memory leak dump analysis on the process while it is running using
> DebugDiags and select the process. You can do select the process and do a
> full dump and then analyze the dmp file to determine where the leak is being
> created.

I was going to suggest the heap analaysis tool when I thought this was
an issue with java :) I'm not even sure of the details here but is there
a "close" for the file? IIRC in the past when I don't explicitly call
close in some cases that should flush/close when reference count goes
to zero I've gotten incomplete files etc. If you believe it to be
handle related, there is a sysinternals tool ( handle IIRC) for checking
for open files etc. Sometimes resource depletion messages are not
literal ( "out of memory" could mean out of some related thing, I think
I've seen if for GDI's or something).

> Regards,
> Howard Shank

Get free photo software from Windows Live
http://www.windowslive.com/online/photos?ocid=PID23393::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:SI_PH_software:082009