From: "Kobty, Joseph" <joseph.ko...@medisolution.com>
To: "Post all your questions about iText here"
<itext-questions@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 3:30 PM
Subject: Re: [iText-questions] out of Kernel memory

Change your test to the following and let it run for a few minutes and you
will see the kernel memory climb
It does not happen in your example because you are writing to the same file
name each time. Seems to be as the number of files generated increases, the
problem occurs.
Another interesting observation, The kernel memory increases out of control
on the server where the files are being written to, not on the server where
the application is running. This is what was throwing me off to think it is
related to IIS or console application. Try the test below and let it run for
a few minutes, eventually it will run out of kernel memory. The only
modification to you code is that I am generating a different file for each
loop iteration.
            for (int i = 0; i < 1000000; i++)
            {

                Document pdfDocument = new Document();
                String outputPath = @"c:\test";
                String reportName = "test" + i.ToString() + ".pdf";
                FileStream strm = new FileStream(Path.Combine(outputPath,
reportName), FileMode.Create);

                PdfWriter writer = PdfWriter.GetInstance(pdfDocument, strm);

                pdfDocument.Open();

                pdfDocument.Add(new Paragraph("test"));

                pdfDocument.Close();

            }