Many Thanks.
It was enlightening.

--- On Wed, 9/23/09, 1T3XT info <i...@1t3xt.info> wrote:

From: 1T3XT info <i...@1t3xt.info>
Subject: Re: [iText-questions] RTF to PDF
To: "Post all your questions about iText here"
<itext-questions@lists.sourceforge.net>
Date: Wednesday, September 23, 2009, 11:33 AM

donanik duck wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I found a way to make XML out of RTF (using Majix). If I 'm not wrong,
> XML is the best format that iText wishes to handle at the time (when it
> comes to automate PDF creation). Therefore, I should be able to make a
> good PDF copy of the XML I have. Is that so?

You'd have to write your own XML handler.
The quality of the PDF depends on the way you're parsing the XML.
Writing a good XML handler will take some time.

> Trying to achieve this with the Flying Saucer solution (I think it
> accepts XML as well as XHTML) I had a fine PDF but which it didn' t
> include the tables and the images that were existing in the XML (and the
> RTF out from which the XML was produced).

Maybe your tables aren't defined correctly.
Flying Saucer should accept tables.
Maybe you should ask the people at Flying Saucer;
or: write an XSL that converts your XML to HTML with tables
that are accepted by Flying Saucer.

> If I tried to give the XML to iText would I get a PDF with all
> information included (tables, images and other info that I would
> possibly have lost using Flying Saucer)?

Again: the quality of the PDF depends entirely on the quality of the XML
handler written by you (so it doesn't depend on iText, but on your
talent to write an XML handler).
--
This answer is provided by 1T3XT BVBA
http://www.1t3xt.com/ - http://www.1t3xt.info