adavis wrote:
> I am dynamically generating a PDF table with some unknown number of columns.

That's impossible. How can you create a table if you don't know the
number of columns? Please explain! You say you're already doing this "I
am dynamically generating..." Does this even compile?

> I have seen many posts describing how to break the table up between multiple
> pages, however, this solution will not work for me. I need the columns to
> wrap to the next line. For example,

Columns don't wrap. You need to rephrase what you're doing. I understand
what you mean, but the way you phrase it, it's as if you would say: I
want to add a mark to every corner of a circle.

> (h# are the header and c# is the data in the column)
>
> |h1|h2|h3|h4|
> |h5|h6|h7|h8|
>
> |c1|c2|c3|c4|
> |c5|c6|c7|c8|

Isn't that default behavior?

If you create a table with 4 columns (you always have to define the
number of columns), and you keep on adding cells (for instance 8 cells
for the first row), then iText will automatically put the 5th cell in a
new row.

Of course, if you create a table with 4 columns and you only add 7
cells, you need to fill out the blank cells.

> All of these columns are completely dynamic and there any number of any
> length. Is there a way to do this with iText?

Isn't this a simple programming problem?
--
This answer is provided by 1T3XT BVBA
http://www.1t3xt.com/ - http://www.1t3xt.info