Hello,

I tried to set an image to the foreground, but always it will be topped by the
table.
Maybe somebody have had the same issue or an idea how to fix that.

Thanks
best regards

Markus
____________________________________________________________the code

package com.lowagie.examples.objects.tables;

import java.awt.Color;
import java.io.FileOutputStream;
import java.io.IOException;

import com.lowagie.text.Document;
import com.lowagie.text.DocumentException;
import com.lowagie.text.Image;
import com.lowagie.text.Paragraph;
import com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfPCell;
import com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfPTable;
import com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfWriter;

/**
 * A very simple PdfPTable example.
 */
public class MyFirstTable {

 /**
  * A very simple PdfPTable example.
  *
  * @param args
  *            no arguments needed
  */

  System.out.println("My First PdfPTable");

  // step 1: creation of a document-object
  Document document = new Document();

  try {
   // step 2:
   // we create a writer that listens to the document
   // and directs a PDF-stream to a file
   PdfWriter.getInstance(document, new
FileOutputStream("c:\\MyFirstTable.pdf"));

   // step 3: we open the document
   document.open();

    Image png = Image.getInstance("c:\\bull.png");
    png.scaleToFit(200, 200);
             png.setAbsolutePosition(11, 700);

             document.add(png);

   PdfPTable table = new PdfPTable(3);
   PdfPCell cell = new PdfPCell(new Paragraph("header with colspan 3"));
   cell.setColspan(3);
   Color arg0 = new Color(100, 23, 56, 6);
   cell.setBackgroundColor(arg0 );
   table.addCell(cell);
   table.addCell("1.1");
   table.addCell("2.1");
   table.addCell("3.1");
   table.addCell("1.2");
   table.addCell("2.2");
   table.addCell("3.2");
   cell = new PdfPCell(new Paragraph("cell test1"));
   cell.setBorderColor(new Color(255, 0, 0));
   cell.setBackgroundColor(arg0 );
   table.addCell(cell);
   cell = new PdfPCell(new Paragraph("cell test2"));
   cell.setBackgroundColor(arg0 );
   cell.setColspan(2);
   cell.setBackgroundColor(new Color(0xC0, 0xC0, 0xC0));
   table.addCell(cell);

   document.add(table);

  } catch (DocumentException de) {
   System.err.println(de.getMessage());