I uploaded a larger image to show part of the second page:
http://old.nabble.com/file/p27691079/pdfspan2.png pdfspan2.png

The first orange cell begins "When we look to the individuals..." and the
second orange cell begins "It has been disputed at what period..."

The line chart is supposed to top-align with the first orange cell (which it
does.)

The bar chart is supposed to top-align with the second orange cell (which it
does not.)

The blue bar is just something I overlayed on top of my PDF viewer to hide a
header and footer that contains sensitive information. It denotes the space
between the first and second page.

Both orange cells are designed to span pages, which is evident in the second
orange cell (since we see the first few lines of text on the first page and
its remaining lines of text on the second page.)

I have set up the charts to not split across tables and to "keepTogether". I
have set up the orange cells to splitLate.

This produces a problem since the second orange cell splits across the first
page break, but fails to leave enough space for its chart (which is why the
chart appears at the top of the second page.) What I want is the 2nd chart
to remain where it is, but have the second orange cell begin on the 2nd page
alongside the chart. That is, the first line of orange text on that appears
on the 2nd page should begin "It has been disputed at what period..."

Each square in my main containing table contains a PdfPTable (which either
contains an image or the "orange" text.) I have played around with setting
up all levels of tables to split across tables, etc. with no luck.

I hope my explanation is a bit more clear.

Thanks again for taking the time to help. I appreciate it.

-- Cam