On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Paulo Soares <psoa...@glintt.com> wrote:

>  If you're using it in an intranet you don't have to do anything. If
> you're exposing the service to the exterior either you provide the source
> code of your application or you buy a commercial license.

What does "intranet" mean in this context?  Is a license required if the Web
application is restricted to faculty in a particular department of a
particular university [my speculation:  that is an intranet, and the license
requires nothing further]?  What if such a faculty member reaches the
departmental application from a Web browser at his home off-campus [my
speculation:  that is *not* an intranet, and source-code-or-license is
required]?  What if the departmental application is open to academic
collaborators who might potentially be based anywhere in the (IP-connected)
world [my speculation:  that is even less of an intranet, and
source-code-or-license is required--but it's really not very commercial, as
the purpose is only to promote academic research]?

Thank you, Paulo, for your help in these matters.