Hello,

Klas Lindbäck wrote:
> I use page events and the decorator pattern for templates and
> page numbering. I use template pdf:s for templates. A template
> pdf contains one or two pages with the template (depending on
> if I have the same or different
> [snip]

Nice. I have also thought about using Composite, having a top component
interface IPdfElement to build compositions from and at many levels e.g. header
could be a composite aggregating an Image on the left and PdfText in the
center-right, and as you mention also have IPdfElement decorators. This IMO
would provide an all-round design for building layouts too. The layout
management would be simplified e.g place IPdfElement in relative coordinate
position rather than absolute positions so the absolute positions would get
resolved automatically from the containing component taking some predefined
spacing/padding into account.

As I see it, the goal is basically to abstract from "low level" framework
details as much as possible specially in setups like mine where the "client
code" are business rules. I really need the simplest possible façade to build
PDF documents.

Best regards,
Giovanni

disclaimer: