On 7/22/15, Antonio Scuri <sc...@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>   Hi,
>
>   That cocoa driver was actually maintained outside the official
> repository. It was a brave initiative by Heesob Park, but he did not have
> the time necessary to complete it. So I leave it outside.
>
>   If you want to give it a try that's great news. I would love to help you
> understand the driver needs. But I don't have a Mac here regularly to test
> it. Although I may get access to one from time to time.
>
>   That code is now outdated. You could use it as a basis, but there will be
> some changes, although not many in the driver structure.
>
>   There are only a few essential modules. All the controls are not
> necessary to be implemented in the first instance. You can just comment
> their registration in iup_register.c.
>
>   The essential driver modules are:
>
> iup*_common.c
> iup*_dialog.c
> iup*_font.c
> iup*_loop.c
> iup*_open.c
>
>   Then
>
> iup*_key.c
> iup*_focus.c
> iup*_draw.c
>
>   Please take a look.
>
> Best,
> Scuri

I threw everything into an Xcode project and took awhile to stub out
all the missing functions so it would compile and link. I
misunderstood which core files I needed to compile in src/, so I ended
up compiling them all and stubbing all the functions.

I added a small test program so I can try to test little things while
I work in Xcode.

The repo is here:
https://github.com/ewmailing/IupCocoa

So now I need to make it actually do something. I was thinking
creating a window and showing it would be nice. But is that too soon
since a dialog requires something to go inside it?

Also, just a thought. To start with, this is going to be a very small
port with a very small surface area touching Cocoa. Since you have
trouble getting Mac access, one idea is you can try GNUStep with the
modern Obj-C (2.0) provided by Clang. I don't have any direct
experience with GNUStep but I heard a claim that it works now with
most of the latest Obj-C features. With the exception of menus, I
think most of the Cocoa stuff we'll be looking at will be general
Cocoa and not Mac specific. (I could be totally wrong though since I
don't have GNUStep experience.)

Thanks,
Eric