Hi,

I'm trying to find a replacement formatting for what my current web app
does using an html table.

The table is simply two columns: a label in the left and value in the
right column.

I want/need it to look mostly like readable text, not so much like a
separate GUI elements.

At least the value side should allow to copy selected text into the
clipboard.

Initially I tried to do so using the "label" control.  But there seems
to be no way to enable the text selection copying I need.

So I switched to use the textbox control.  Somehow I can't get that
right.  readonly works, but the attempt to remove the border (by
creating it with border=No) fails.  It still has a border.  Using
multiline with a single line of text seems to create at least two lines
for the control.  Using wordwrap (which according to the docs would be
something I want for my table) on it collapses it back to a single line
but *adds* a scrollbar (for no reason I can see).

Am I doing it all wrong?

Is there a better way.  E.g., using label or something else?

Furthermore I tried to format the table using gridbox.  I failed completely.

Somehow I can't figure out how to tell the gridbox to expand the left
column to fit the largest label.  How would I do this?  I tried
FITTOCHILDREN=C0

Another idea was to use the width of the strings and calculate a propper
minsize for the elements (labels) in the left column of the gridbox.
But how would I do this?  The length of the string does not match well
to the actual width using proportional fonts.  And I failed to find a
way to compute the width I should use.

Thanks
/Jörg

BTW: I'm using the GTK driver under Linux.