Hi,

  I just tested BORDER under Windows, GTK2 (Ubuntu 10) and GTK3 (Ubuntu
14). And they all work fine. But notice that border is a creation only
attribute, so it must be set before mapping into the native system. The
Milind example does that.

  FITTOCHILDREN=C0 on the other hand, works after the layout has been
calculated at least 1 time. So it is useless to set it on element creation.
In the Milind example, if you replace both boxes by a gridbox then you
could do:

iup.Refresh(dlg)
gbox.fittochildren="C0"
dlg:show()

  And you can also try IupMatrix/IupMatrixEx.

Best,
Scuri