Hi,
"IUP should not be the solution to every problem. It would be like
incorporating a cross-platform C-runtime into IUP when that is the wrong
approach. IUP is great as it is and for specialized problems it will never be
able to beat a mature third party app, and right now my favorite app for the
kinds of issues you are discussing is ØMQ (http://zeromq.org),  but I'm sure
there are other apps out there that will do just fine."

I think that IUP can be used in threads apps too. But.
Without add framework, and extra bagage for this.
Update GUI outside main thread, is very danger and can crash easily app.

Gold rule, don't update GUI outside main thread!
Use callbacks for this. Windows have a PostMessage function, that solves
correctly this problem.

IupPostMessage is welcome, but, whithout change behavior to non-threaded
apps.

Best Regards,
Ranier Vilela