Ranier,

I feel like maybe your are trying to address my concern about wanting
to work on with button and not the dialog, i.e.,

    // I want to do this:
    IupPostMessage(my_iup_button, 42, audio_data);

    // I don't want to be forced to do this
    IupPostMessage(some_dialog, 42, audio_data);

 with your statement:

> In your example, You use a button widget, but can receive and process all
> messages is the Window Handler inside "Ihandle the_dialog."
> In this way, add one field to store native handler, in user_data structure
> and use only with Windows Functions API formal proposal.

I don't think I fully understand what you are saying here, but if you
are telling me how we can accomplish:
    IupPostMessage(my_iup_button, 42, audio_data);

using PostMessage instead of PostThreadMessage, can you elaborate more
and maybe show a sample of how this would actually be implemented in
IUP? I am still unable to see how to solve this using only
PostMessage.

Thanks,
Eric

Thanks,