Hi,

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 2:46 PM, Bogdana Glitia <bogdana.gli...@bmw-carit.de
> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> During the Tizen workshop in Vannes it was understood that Tizen IVI plans
> to support native apps: first they would be available in Tizen Common at
> the end of 2014 and would afterwards be synced into Tizen IVI.

The discussion was about the CAPI-* libraries. The CAPIs have been there
since day 0 but we are adding multi-user+security support into them.
Common, being responsible for 'pre-integration' of new features, will have
it first. IVI will sync them shortly after.

> If this information is correct, what native framework will be used? Is OSP
> going to be available on the IVI profile? I have found some older 2013
> discussions in the mailing list archive where it is mainly argued that OSP
> would not be a good match for the IVI usecases. What is the current
> discussion on this matter?
>
> I would also find it quite useful if someone could provide some detailed
> infos on what specific components are planned to be introduced to Tizen IVI
> in the future. E.g.(provided that OSP is used): will
> platform/framework/native/{appfw, ...} be added?. And is it expected that
> there will be some IVI-specific modifications added to the native API?

There's been a lot of discussion about OSP in IVI on this list earlier. The
message is Tizen IVI will not support OSP (neither in the repos nor in the
SDK).
The application APIs are Web-based only.

This is followed by the Tizen IVI compliance document too that is published
sometime later. No native APIs are mandated by the IVI compliance.
Web-based APIs only.

-- Mikko