On Wednesday 20 August 2014 16:00:53 Patrick Ohly wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-08-20 at 14:54 +0200, José Bollo wrote:
> > The OSP framework is deprecated and should not be used. In place, the C
> > framework (known as CAPI), on wich OSP was built, was promoted to the
> > rank of official native API.
>
> Are you sure that this has happened and if so, whether it applies to IVI
> or only some of the other profiles?

As far as I know, this has not happened for any profile yet. Those are
intentions.

And even for IVI, as far as I know there are currently no plans to add official
support for native APIs. Howver, considering that most applications running on
an IVI device are pre-installed, official API matters little. The OEM can use
whatever APIs they want to use.