On 19.9.2014 17:07, Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) wrote:
please try to note that Wayland/Weston have already refined a concept of
seat, which includes a group of input devices (keyboard, mice, ...)
associate with et defined set of one or multiple displays.

Yes, I believe Imran discussed with the Wayland/Weston developers and they stated that the functionality wasn't intended to do real multi-seat and real multi-seat is not coming and patches won't be accepted on that area due to complexity of maintenance. You can possibly make it work if you can spare a separate GPU for each seat.

The seat concept and definition we are using is in line with the one used for udev/libinput/systemd-logind/wayland-weston. In fact we are utilizing precisely those for implementation.