Hello;

I am afraid that we are not going to create Security back door to ease the work of QA. Security will get tighter and tighter and so QA needs to understand and work in the security model.

The following constrains are (or soon going to be) enforced and QA will need to work within the security model :
 - Users must be declared correctly (there is a process to do so)
 - User must log with the standard process to receive credential
 - Users and Apps are contained (so a user cannot change its ID)
 - root is not a valid user to run application (and so cannot do it)
 - Apps (including test Apps) need to be correctly installed.
 - Apps needs to be launched with the appropriate launcher.

I hope that it will help to clarify the new situation created with the enforcement of Security and Private data protection.

Regards

Dominig ar Foll
Senior Software Architect
Open Source Technology Centre