Hi Leon,

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 4:32 PM, Leon Anavi <leon.an...@konsulko.com> wrote:

> Hi Pedro,
>
> On 8.05.2015 14:59, pedro.quei...@elektrobit.com wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I have started an attempt to build tizen ivi for the Renesas R-Car M2 ARM
>> platform (Koelsch board), one of the goals would be to attempt graphics hw
>> acceleration with the proprietary drivers.
>> There are some instructions available in the wiki regarding using gbs.
>> Nevertheless I wonder whether someone did or is in the process going the
>> same using yocto?
>>

> Building Tizen:Common or any of the Tizen profiles based on it (like IVI)
> for ARM using Yocto isn't easy task. In my opinion the Yocto recipes are
> not perfect and you will have numerous challenges if you try to build them
> for any devices with CPU different from Intel.

I have different opinion on it. According to my experience with Yocto, it
is much more easier to build for ARM with Yocto than with gbs ;)

With best regards,

> Recently my colleagues and I have managed to build Tizen:Common with
> hardware acceleration in Wayland/Weston for HummingBoard-i2eX using Yocto.
> I am still working on improvements of the recipes. You can find all the
> details at Tizen wiki:
> https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/HummingBoard
>
> Another very useful article is the tutorial from Samsung Open Source Group
> about building Tizen:Common for Raspberry Pi 2 (without hardware
> acceleration):
> http://blogs.s-osg.org/bringing-tizen-to-a-raspberry-pi-2-near-you/
>
> Best regards,
> Leon
>

>> Motivation behind yocto is that yocto meta-layers for the r-car-m2
>> already exist, which could ease the integration of the proprietary drivers.
>>

>> Looking forward to have news from you.
>>

>> Best Regards,
>> Pedro Q.

> --
> Leon Anavi
> Software Engineer
> Mob : +359 88 527 7901
> konsulko.com

*Vitaly Chernooky | Senior Developer - Product Engineering and Development*
GlobalLogic
P *+380.44.4929695 ext.1136* M *+380.63.6011802* S cvv_2k
www.globallogic.com

http://www.globallogic.com/email_disclaimer.txt