Hi Vitaly, Patrick,

On 12.05.2015 10:42, Vitaly Chernooky wrote:
Hi Patrick,

    <leon.an...@konsulko.com <mailto:leon.an...@konsulko.com>>

    <mailto:pedro.quei...@elektrobit.com> wrote:
    >                 Hi all,
    >                 I have started an attempt to build tizen ivi for the
    >                 Renesas R-Car M2 ARM platform (Koelsch board),
    one of
    >                 the goals would be to attempt graphics hw
    acceleration
    >                 with the proprietary drivers.
    >                 There are some instructions available in the wiki
    >                 regarding using gbs. Nevertheless I wonder whether
    >                 someone did or is in the process going the same
    using
    >                 yocto?
    >
    >         Building Tizen:Common or any of the Tizen profiles based
    on it
    >         (like IVI) for ARM using Yocto isn't easy task. In my
    opinion
    >         the Yocto recipes are not perfect and you will have numerous
    >         challenges if you try to build them for any devices with CPU
    >         different from Intel.
    >

    > I have different opinion on it. According to my experience with
    Yocto,
    > it is much more easier to build for ARM with Yocto than with gbs ;)

    The comment was about the "Tizen on Yocto" recipes, not Yocto. The
    recipes have issues that you don't see when building recipes manually
    written for Yocto.

    These recipes get converted from .spec files to .bb files based on the
    build configuration for x86. All architecture specific tweaks in Tizen
    get lost at that point and have to be added back manually to the
    generated .bb files.

    The spec2yocto conversion tool also does not have enough information
    available in the .spec files about dependencies (is a tool needed or
    something to link against?) and has to use heuristics, which fail in
    some cases when doing cross-compilation.

It looks like you have skipped my announce of successful building of "Tizen IVI on Yocto" for ARM-based board DRA7XX. And as far as I recall Leon have used few my recipes changes in his buildings. It was the reason why I expected than Leon would understand me :)

Vitaly, yes I used parts of your recipes. Actually similar fixes exist for the recipes in the fork of Tizen:Common for Raspberry Pi 2 which is maintained by Samsung Open Source Group.

In my opinion the main problem at the moment is that building Tizen:Common or Tizen IVI using Yocto for ARM does not work out of the box. As far as I remember your changes related to DRA7XX were pushed into a sandbox. Do you plan to merge them with tizen-distro upstream and to support both ARM & Intel machines with the same recipes?

Thanks,
Leon

With best regards,

    --
    Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

    on behalf of Intel on this matter.

--
*Vitaly Chernooky | Senior Developer - Product Engineering and Development*
GlobalLogic

http://www.globallogic.com/email_disclaimer.txt

--
Leon Anavi