Peter Donald wrote:

>>Whether there are projects that rely on old version of stylebook/xalan
>>aswell as ones that rely on new version of same ;) (Or pick any tool such
>>as ant etc). Alternatively you can note that some projects rely on
>>particular versions of junit compared to others ;)
>
>I should note that this is much less a problem than it used to be thanks
>gump and eventually it *should* disapear altogether.

Peter, perhaps I never closed the loop with you...

The problem with stylebook2 turned out to be a regression in the JAXP
support of Xerces which broke Xalan2.  As you can imagine, this was a hard
one to track down, and everybody is pleased that it was found and fixed
before it shipped.

Everything in a gump run is built using the same version of Ant.
Everything is built using the same version of JUnit.

While I do track which projects are still coding directly to the Xalan1
APIs, but actually Xalan2 has a compatibility facade, so I could get away
with just Xalan2.

ServletAPI, Tomcat, and Cocoon are the only other projects which I track
two releases.  Nobody depends from a build perspective on Tomcat 3, and it
and cactus/j2eeunit are the only ones that I believe are sensitive to the
difference in servletAPIs.  Cocoon is also a leaf, and does not seem
interested either staying current with Turbine or finding a replacement -
the issue being a need for a database pool!

- Sam Ruby