"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>
> > So we now just access the style.vsl from a parallel site2 tree.
>
> Ooh ooh ooh -- an external dependency!  Building Velocity is hard!   :-)

Yes.  I agree.  Jon and I had a battle.

In our build script, I made Ant (via the dreaded CVS-included jar :) go
checkout the style.vsl from jakarta-site2 CVS.  No entire directory
dependency.  Automatic and easy.  Geir 1, Jon 0.

The problem was that I didn't spend enough to make it happen only if an
update was needed, so it resulted in a fresh site.vsl every time, and
therefore a full re-rendering of the docs/site.  Geir 1, Jon 0, everyone
else -1.

That was a pain, and I conceded back to Jon's way. Geir 0, Jon 1,
everyone else +0 (cuz you had to go get jakarta-site2, but its fast,
up-to-date, and efficient)

I still want to make it easy - so that other projects can start using it
w/o any real effort (besides tossing fitfully in their sleep because it
isn't a Standard(tm)(R)(c)(sm).

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]