On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Tim Vernum wrote:

> From: Geir Magnusson Jr. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> > Come join us.
>
> Which leads to the next question..
>       And do what?
>
> In the (short) time I've been on the mailing list, I haven't seen
> much in the way of "Project X is in the sandbox, and we're looking
> for people to help with Y"
>
> What needs doing?

The Commons guidelines suggest that each component include a
"STATUS.html" file which includes, among other things, outstanding action
items that have been identified.  Be sure to check out the things in
jakarta-commons-sandbox as well as jakarta-commons.

Alternatively, if you have an idea for a component that might make sense
in the Commons subproject, you could discuss it here prior to proposing it
-- the Guidelines document includes a proposal template, or you could look
at the "PROPOSAL.html" file for one of the existing components.

Craig