----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig R. McClanahan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'j-commons'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 3:20 AM
Subject: RE: what is commons

> On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Tim Vernum wrote:
>
> > From: Geir Magnusson Jr. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> >
> > > Come join us.
> >
> > Which leads to the next question..
> > And do what?
> >
> > In the (short) time I've been on the mailing list, I haven't seen
> > much in the way of "Project X is in the sandbox, and we're looking
> > for people to help with Y"
> >
> > What needs doing?
> >

> The Commons guidelines suggest that each component include a
> "STATUS.html" file which includes, among other things, outstanding action
> items that have been identified.  Be sure to check out the things in
> jakarta-commons-sandbox as well as jakarta-commons.
>
> Alternatively, if you have an idea for a component that might make sense
> in the Commons subproject, you could discuss it here prior to proposing it
> -- the Guidelines document includes a proposal template, or you could look
> at the "PROPOSAL.html" file for one of the existing components.

hum. I have a todo.html file as part of the web site and the local
documentation. However, it is *not* in CVS (except in xdocs/todo.xml in XML
format). Do I also have to provide a copy of this file in CVS ? If it is the
case, then I'll to maintain 2 files (STATUS.html and todo.xml), which is not
very handy.

> Craig

Vincent