----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2001 8:45 PM
Subject: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/beanutils build.xml

> craigmcc    01/04/14 11:45:33
>
>   Modified:    beanutils build.xml
>   Log:
>   Since nobody is paying attention to the existing practice OR to my
proposal,
>   give up and go with the flow.

*I* am paying attention. Why don't you formalize a proposition and submit it
for a vote (I hope I have not missed one you already sent ... :) ).

>   Can we at least agree to do ONE thing the same -- format the output of
the
>   "ant dist" target (i.e. the "build" subdirectory) as follows?
>
>   jakarta-commons/
>           component/
>                   build/

+0
I prefer lib/ for the generated jars

>                           commons-${component}.jar   Binary JAR file
>                           doc/                       HTML docs (if any)

+1

>                           javadoc/                   Javadocs

+0
I prefer to have the javadoc dir be a subdir of doc/

>                           src/                       Copy of source code

What is the source code exactly ? The entire jakarta-commons/<component>
directory or just some subset ? If a subset can you detail more.

>   Consistency will become much more important as CJAN emerges.

[snip]

Thanks,
Vincent.