Hola Rodney:

> "Ignacio J. Ortega" wrote:
> > How i suppoused a DBCP is shutdown?
> >
> > Which is the way to release all
> > connections or better, restart them,
> > without rebuild the pool, or shutdown
> > and restart it ?
> I can't say that this is something I've had much need to do.
> (We run multiple servers in production, so normally I'd just
> bounce one server at at time to do something like this.)

You never need to release connections made to the db server?

> The clear method of ObjectPool could be helpful here,
> although it's actually a bit tricky.  The trouble is the pool
> only tracks the objects (in our case) connections that are
> idle.  You can clear those easily, but the outstanding/active
> connections won't be touched.
> It might help if I had a better idea of precisely what you
> are trying to do.  Simply shutdown cleanly?  Change the
> database you're connecting to? Recover from a bounced DB?

1) Clean shutdown.
2) Recover from a bounced DB.

to be able to change the db connection?? well i dont think this is a
problem, or i can build more pools ( one for connection ) or simply
shutdown and build another.. not a problem..

> > I'm about to add a new constructor method to
> > DriverManagerConnectionFactory to use the
> > abreviated syntax DMCF(url,username,password)
> > that mimics the original JDBC DriverManager
> Feel free.

makes sense to have DriverConnectionFactory & DMCF in sync? that is to
create DCF(url, username,password ) too?

> > Is the correct protocol is to add my name to
> > the list of committers on status.html and
> > start doing commits ?
> Yes, that's my understanding as well.

I will go ahead, thanks..

Saludos ,