True.

I have have avoided versioning so far (but can't for long so get to work!
:-)) and so I haven't had to tackle the server-side of things.  However,
I've seen messages from many developers struggling with writing thier own
servlets to handle the JNLP versioning protocol.  There is a huge
duplication of effort going on there.