I'm having trouble configuring Visual Age for Java's WebSphere Test
Environment to run Cactus unit tests [I'm running VAJ 3.5.3]. When I try to
run a test, the method ServletHttpClient.doTest() fails at the statement
connection.getInputStream(), which throws the following exception:

     java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://localhost:8080/test/ServletRedirector

Here's some relevant information. I've created file cactus.properties with
the following entries and placed it at the root of WTE's classpath (it seems
to find this file ok):

    cactus.servletRedirectorURL =
http://localhost:8080/test/ServletRedirector
    cactus.jspRedirectorURL = http://localhost:8080/test/JspRedirector

The WTE application's configuration file, default_app.webapp, contains the
following XML entry that provides to WTE  the alias to the servlet
redirector:

   <servlet>
      <name>ServletRedirector</name>
      <description>Redirector servlet for Cactus</description>
      <code>org.apache.commons.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector</code>
      <servlet-path>/test/ServletRedirector</servlet-path>
      <autostart>true</autostart>
   </servlet>

Finally, here's the test method that causes the exception:

/**
 * Test that the controller logs on the user when presented with
 * a valid aba number, that is, the user's aba number is placed in
 * the HttpSession.
 */
public void testGoodLogon() {
    try {
        LogonClientController lcc = new LogonClientController();
        lcc.logon(request, "091000022");
        assertEquals("aba number not placed in session", "091000022",
session.getAttribute("aba"));
    } catch (Exception e) {
        assert("logon \"091000022\" failed", false);
    }
}

Keith Pierce
FedACH Support Services