I would like to commit the following changes to MessageResources,
if accepted:

1) Change the name of the MessageResources class to "Resource",
   signifying that the implementations have the potential to
   return more than just a short message String.  This would also
   include changing the name of MessageResourcesFactory to just
   ResourceFactory.

2) Change the getMessage(xxx) methods to getData(xxx), and add
   matching getDataStream(xxx) methods that return an InputStream as
   opposed to a String

Of course I'd also change the rest of the Resource package classes
to match the changes above so everything builds.