"SCHACHTER,MICHAEL (HP-NewJersey,ex2)" wrote:

> I would like to commit the following changes to MessageResources,
> if accepted:
>
> 1) Change the name of the MessageResources class to "Resource",
>    signifying that the implementations have the potential to
>    return more than just a short message String.  This would also
>    include changing the name of MessageResourcesFactory to just
>    ResourceFactory.
-1
I believe the way to do this is to depreciate the MessageResources class,
and start a new class Resources.

> 2) Change the getMessage(xxx) methods to getData(xxx).

 +0, If the class is renamed to Resources then
     Resources.getMessages() is more descriptive than Resources.getData().
     The word 'Data' adds no more information. The fact that it is
     a 'get' says that 'data' will be returned.

, and add
>    matching getDataStream(xxx) methods that return an InputStream as
>    opposed to a String
   +0, Again 'Data' adds no more info, how about 'getStream' ?

Robert Leland ([EMAIL PROTECTED])  1611 North Kent Street
Senior Software Engineer                  Suite 600
Solers                                             Arlington, VA 22201
Voice: +01-703-248-6026                  Fax: +01-703 908-9353