From: Geir Magnusson Jr. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

> See if you can summarize your case, bucause I am not following you.  I
> don't see why this collection of tools, which clearly are needed since
> people are making them on their own, is inappropriate for commons.

I don't assume to speak for Vincent, but the impression I get is this:

Your argument for collecting these tools together is that "people find
these useful for building web-apps".

However, for at least some of those tools, the actual situation is that
"people find these useful for lots of tasks".

I would certainly expect that some of the tools that will end up in Rupert
will equally useful for people using Ant/Rhino/ejbs/whatever.

Is Rupert the right type of catch-all for these?

My point of view is that commons probably needs a number of "catch-alls"
for small tools. Putting these tools into Rupert is fine, but if/when
they are found to be useful outside of web-apps, they should be
refactored into a more general collection.